Janmedia is in the process of upgrading hosting services. Please update your DNS Nameservers for all your domains that impact your website and email by Thursday, June 19th.
The information below should help guide you through the process. Of course, you may always contact us for assistance.
How to Modify Your DNS Nameservers
Below you will find list of tutorials for specific Registrar/Hosts. click the Name to view the tutorial:
To modify, add, or delete name servers (DNS) for your domain(s):
- Log in to the GoDaddy.com Account Manager.
- Select Manage Domains from the Domain Names drop-down menu or the Manage Your Account list.
- Select the domain name you wish to modify using the checkboxes and then click Set Name Servers.
- Enter your updated name server information in the spaces provided under the Name Servers heading on the right side of your page and click Save Changes at the bottom. Your entries should look like this:
To resolve or point your domain name to another provider's DNS server:
- Open a Web browser (e.g., Netscape, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Type http://www.networksolutions.com in the address line then press the enter key
- click the Account Manager | Log In button in the upper right-hand corner then Log in with your User ID and password
- The Domain Details section (if you have more than one domain name, you will first need to click the domain name you want to change) displays different options depending on where your domain name is currently pointing –to transfer the DNS to a new server:
- If Domain currently points to: Network Solutions Under Construction page, XX Page Web Site, or Web Forwarding, then select the radio button to the right of Change domain to point to: Custom DNS Setting and click the Apply Change button
- If DNS Settings: is listed then click Edit DNS
- If Domain currently points to: Designated DNS then click Edit
- On the Edit DNS page, in the Move DNS to a New Name Server section click the Continue button
- After reading the confirmation warning, click the Continue button to confirm that you understand changing the DNS may cause loss of any services such as Web site, e-mailbox, or Web forwarding.
- In the textboxes type established name servers or select from a list of existing name servers -- your entries should look like this:
- To confirm your DNS changes:
- If you designated an existing name server, click the Continue button, and then click the Save DNS button
- If you added a new name server, enter the name server IP address, click the Continue button, and then click the Save DNS button
- To make edits to the IP address at a later time, click the Manage Host Servers button in the left navigation bar of Account Manager
Note DNS server changes may take 24 - 36 hours to update or propagate throughout the Internet. Please remember that changing the DNS could cause any associated Network Solutions services (e.g., Web sites, e-mailboxes, Private Registration) to become unavailable. Network Solutions strongly recommends that you do not change the DNS information unless you have been given specific instructions to do so.
You can only create new name servers that contain the domain name that you manage. For example, to create a new name server for the domain name example.com, enter ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com.
Simply sign into Domain Manager ( http://mydomain.register.com ) and select Modify DNS from the main menu. You will need to be prepared with the names of the DNS that you would like to list as authoritative for your domain name . The nameservers are:
Registrants of .org addresses should note that the registry requires two unique DNS for the address to function properly. An email containing a link to the last step of the DNS change process will be sent to the administrative contact email address on file for your domain name. Please allow 24 to 72 hours (standard Internet propagation time) for the update to be completed. If the Modify DNS link does not appear, this may be an indicator that the Internet systems used to verify certain domain name information are unavailable. If you have any problems editing your DNS information, please contact their Customer Support department using the 'Ask Us A Question' tab above. One of their representatives will be happy to assist you. Country-Specific Domain Name Extensions DNS changes for the following extensions must be submitted directly through the country's registry. Simply click the extension of your domain name below and you will be redirected to the appropriate registry.http://mydomain.register.com ), select Domain Name Servers (DNS) from the main menu and follow the instructions.
Log into your eNom account at www.enom.com
- click menu option domain names
- click my domains
- click the domain name link you wish to work with
- click 'change' button, under top section DNS Server
- Select the 'users' radio button
- Click 'save changes' button
Four blank boxes will then display. You can then enter your nameservers (you do not need to enter the numbered IP address.) The nameservers should be:
- Click the Save Changes button.
Your updates will be reflected on the control panel immediately; however, the request is submitted into a queue with the Registry. The Registry updates daily at 5:00am and 5:00pm EST.
Please allow up to 48 hours for changes to be effective. While waiting for this to propagate, your website may experience down time.
If you do not have a direct eNom account, please contact your reseller. If you do not know the name of your reseller, go to their "help" page and enter your domain name in the Reseller Information Retrieval Tool: http://www.enom.com/help/
You can use any valid nameserver when registering with directNIC. 1. Log into your account at http://www.directnic.com . 2. click the Domain Manager button. 3. Click the "Change Nameserver Information" icon next to the domain that you wish to modify. 4. Enter the nameservers and click the "Modify" button. You do not need to enter IP address to update nameservers. Your entries should look like this:
- Log into your registerfly.com account
- Select Manage Domains tab
- Select the domain to manage
- Select DNS and click ” Modify your DNS/Name server Information for this domain ”
- Select one of their predefined DNS values or enter your own
- NEVER enter in the IP addresses anywhere on this form. Your domain name will never work if you do and the IP addresses aren't needed with their service.
To re-delegate a ccTLD name follow these steps:
- Login to your My Account
- Click the View / Manage Domain Names link
- Click the Domain Name The Domain Management page is displayed.
- Select the Change Delegation Details link and follow the onscreen prompts to submit your request to redelegate the Domain Name.
The nameservers are:
- Start by logging to the Aplus.Net Control Panel at http://cp.aplus.net . Use your Registration Number and Customer Password.
- click Domains from the top navigation bar.
- On the Domain Name Management page, click the name of the domain you'd like to change.
- On the following page, click the Manage Name Servers icon.
- On the Manage Name Servers page, specify the host names (not the IP addresses) of the name servers that you'd like to associate with this domain. They should be as follows:
To Change your Name Servers, please follow these instructions:
- Login to your Dotster account.
- click the domain you wish to update, either directly in the Quick List, or use the "Search for a domain in your account:" search at the top of the page to find a specific domain.
- Click the Update Name Servers link under the "Name Servers" heading.
- Type in the name of the primary name server (NS1.JANMEDIA.COM).
- click the Add button.
- Enter the name for the secondary name server (NS4.HOSTING360.PL).
- When you have finished entering the name servers, click Continue.
Please note that it may take up to 72 hours for your name server changes to propagate through the Internet.
If you want an e-mail confirming that the changes were made, enter your e-mail address before you click Continue.
Please make sure that your domain is not on lock before updating the name servers. To see if your domain is locked, log into your account, click the domain and scroll down to see if there is a lock on the domain. If the domain is locked, then any changes you make will come back as "Invalid Name Server" Also, your domain may be locked at the Registry level which will also cause failure in updating your name servers. Please visit www.registrar.verisign-grs.com/whois/ and do a whois search on the domain to check the status of the domain. If the domain is Pending Transfer then you will not be able to make name server changes until the domain transfer is complete.
Please be sure to enter the names of the name servers and NOT the IP addresses. Name server names will typically be something like ns1.nameserver.com. You can remove an entered name server by clicking on the "remove" link next to each name server, your password and the name of the account to which you want to move the domain.NameSecure.com
You can change your name servers in the My Account section of NameSecure.com. In My Account, click the "Modify/Update" link next to the domain name, then click the WHOIS Info tab, and then click "Modify Domain Name Servers." There is no charge to make DNS changes.
Change the name servers to:
- Login to your Control Panel. For Customers - http://manage.directi.com/customer For Sub-Resellers - http://manage.directi.com/reseller
- Search for the Domain Name whose Name Servers you want to modify, by searching for the Domain Name at Domains -> Search -> Domain Registration Search .
- click the Domain Name for which you want to Modify Name Servers.
- click the Modify Name Server button. Feed in the following Name Servers and click "Submit"
If the Domain Name is Locked, you will have to Unlock this Domain Name first by referring to Lock / Unlock
- Log into the system with your username and password at http://www.domainbank.net/index.cfm where it says Login to Registered User.
- Once you are successfully logged in, go to Domain Manager.
- click Modify DNS Record button near top, center of the page.
- Choose the domain name you want to modify (if more than one domain name is owned). Note: you must make multiple domain name changes one name at a time.
- You should now see the domain name you chose and its current DNS record.
- Enter the primary and secondary name servers you want to change to (you do not need to enter IP numbers as we automatically get those from the registry record).
- Choose which authorized email address (if more than one) to send the change request to.
- Hit the Send Button to initiate the change request.
- The DNS change is then sent to the authorized email address who must read the directions of the email and go to the unqiue link in the email message to complete the change. Failure to do this will NOT complete the DNS record modification.
- If the previous step is completed, 24-48 hours later, your DNS change is done!
You have just contracted with a (new) hosting company. You can update you domain name with their online tools. After this kind of change you need to wait a few days, so that the new data propagate on all the servers of the Internet. Please do not send us any courrier to request for a change of nameservers. You just need to go to their website to make the modification. If any doubt their support can help you, by email. Please also notice that using DNS of your hosting company is incompatible with using Gandi's DNS (redirections service, or zolefile configuration Customized DNS). You need to choose between Gandi's DNS or DNS of your hosting company, you can not combine both.
Contact Gandi support team on this topic : Click here!
If you currently use their services (Redirection or Customized DNS)
You just need to Leave Gandi redirections , in the Administration page. Please log as administrative contact of the domain. Then you can write the technical information given by your hosting company:
- name and IP address of the nameservers
- handle-GANDI of your hosting company, which will become the technical contact of the domain.
Contact Gandi support team on this topic : Click here!
If you currently use other DNS
You can go straight Modify parameters of your domain name. Please log as administrative or technical contact of the domain, and then change the DNS. If you log as administrative contact, you can also change the technical contact to another person. The nameservers need to be set to:
Contact Gandi support team on this topic : Click here!